If people are tentative they sometimes get locked into patterns of play. Observe the sequences in which they press the buttons and encourage and guide them to try different patterns. Use the colours and numbers on the pads to encourage users to try new sounds and new patterns.
- Having fun discovering sounds and sound combinations using random associations
- Challenging repetitious behaviours
- Choose any LydianBank. Have the LydianScape on or off
- Playing the numbers…
- Tap and play your partner’s birthdate (i.e. 1st June 1955 = ‘1,6,5,5’)
- Your parents or your children’s birth dates
- Telephone numbers & house numbers you have lived in
- Even or odd number combinations, individually, together
- Do sums. Hear the music of the sums!
- Come up with your own ideas
- Playing the colours…
- Spot the colours around you – clothes, furniture, walls, plants or tress or flowers…then find the colours on the buttons that match the colours you have seen and play the room
Important! Please remember never to ‘force’ an activity. Be open to allowing the activity to evolve according your loved ones’ needs. Sometimes one activity will flow into another naturally