The MindHarp can conjure up associations and stimulate the mind and imagination. Some of the sounds are atmospheric and are open to interpretation. This can be fun and stimulate chat and conversation. Carers can use their imaginations too. We may all hear different things in the sounds. Consider using other media like drawing and painting with the MindHarp.
- Careful listening and reflection
- Word & visual recall
- For example, you or your loved one tap ‘8’ on the Stari bank
- Ask the question what does this remind you of?
- Allow your loved one to reflect on this and run with their suggestions. If they don’t have a suggestion make a suggestion (i.e ‘…a 3 legged horse?’)
- Explore all the sounds – although some will be more associative than others, for example ‘1’ in Khaju is obviously like a bell…but it may remind one of churches, temples, ceremonies etc.
- The key here is to have fun and stimulate chat and conversation. It’s a great way to engage everybody’s imaginations too as we may all hear different things in the sounds
- Consider using other media like drawing and painting with this Session
Important! Please remember never to ‘force’ an activity. Be open to allowing the activity to evolve according your loved ones’ needs. Sometimes one activity will flow into another naturally