It can be fun to fill the space with a lot of sound. Most need encouragement to try this, so give them permission to ‘make lots of noise’. Lead by example, go wild and hit lots of buttons! Some will naturally play more than one sound, others will be more sensitive and play more delicately. This is a great way to generate energy and contrasting moods. Encourage players to do the opposite of their inclinations. Watch their reactions. There is usually a lot of smiling and laughter. After a noisy flurry, let things subside and encourage the players just to listen until silence returns. This creates a wonderful contrast in mood. It is a natural way to lead into other activities like breathing and meditation.
- Powerful experience of build-up, release and then relax
- Choose any LydianBank (Stari, Sighs, Khaju). Turn the volume on the LydianScape to zero (i.e. no sound)
- Have the overall volume of the iPad a bit louder than you would normally (Use the iPad/Master volume control on the MindHarp as this is also the master volume for the iPad)
- If you have more than one MindHarp present this session works well with 2 or more players/participants
- Multi-Tap as many coloured buttons as possible! Fill the room with sound. Really go for it!
- After 10 seconds of this, everyone present take a deep breath, lift your hands and arms (if possible) and slowly exhale, lowering your hands and arms in time with the fade of the music
- When the room becomes silent, allow it to envelop you. Enjoy it. Feel the contrast in mood between the loudness and silence
- Repeat a couple of times
Important! Please remember never to ‘force’ an activity. Be open to allowing the activity to evolve according your loved ones’ needs. Sometimes one activity will flow into another naturally