When engaging with the MindHarp, players sometime remember moments from the past. They also tend to describe what the sounds remind them of. This can lead to more memories and stories. Changing between the sounds (LydianBanks) can generate different emotions and thoughts. If someone doesn’t like a particular sound or LydianBank, try another one. Find out what they like and don’t like and make a note this.
Connect MindHarp sounds with memory and association.
Build positive emotional links and stimulate conversation.
- Choose any bank (Stari, Sighs, Khaju). Have the LydianScape on or off
- Ask your loved one to tap any coloured button
- Slowly, and one-at-a-time, work through the 8 buttons
- While doing this, ask your loved one if the sound reminds them of anything or suggests anything
- If a personal recollection emerges explore this with them: the memory, the feelings and associations that accompany this memory
- Different banks and the sounds within them often stimulate different associations
- Does a specific button suggest anything in particular? A place or environment? A thing?
- Allow your imagination to roam. Encourage your loved one to be imaginative.
- Explore this, discuss this…together.
Important! Please remember never to ‘force’ an activity. Be open to allowing the activity to evolve according your loved ones’ needs. Sometimes one activity will flow into another naturally.