This introductory video provides an overview of how the MindHarp can be utilised by a carer.
Each subject is addressed in more detail in the MindHarp Activities area. Here you will find video footage from actual sessions to illustrate the application of these ideas and detailed written session guidance.
- The MindHarp can be used anywhere with a bluetooth speaker.
- First and foremost, the MindHarp is designed for people who may never have engaged with a musical instrument. There is no ‘correct’ way to play the MindHarp. It is impossible to play a wrong note on the MindHarp. Players can be completely liberated from any worries or insecurities. The objective of the MindHarp is to encourage users to play intuitively and to enjoy the world of musical sounds.
- A session on the MindHarp can be as long or as short as you like.
- Sessions can be run alongside other activities such as drawing or painting or other therapies like aromatherapy. It becomes a ‘soundtrack’ to any session.
- For some individuals it can be a deeply engaging activity. A MindHarp session can move between sing-songs, storytelling, meditations, jokes…as well as more focused engagement with the MindHarp. With regular use you will discover your own ways to get the most out of and to have fun with the MindHarp.
We strongly recommend that you watch the following video below that features some excellent thoughts and insights from an experienced MindHarp practitioner.